Evy Journey, SPR (Self Publishing Review) Independent Woman Author awardee, writes Women’s Fiction, an amorphous category of stories written mostly for women, from a women’s point of view, as varied as that is. They can be romance, chick lit, or literary.
Evy majored in psychology (M.A., University of Hawaii; Ph.D. University of Illinois) so her particular brand of women’s fiction spins tales about well-drawn characters as they cope with the problems and issues of contemporary life. These stories explore the many faces of love, loss , second chances, and finding one’s way. Often, they’re laced with a twist of mystery or intrigue.
She’s also a wannabe artist, and a flâneuse who wishes she lives in Paris where art is everywhere and people have honed aimless roaming to an art form. She has lived in Paris a few times as a transient.
Quirkiness (Small confessions):
1. Something pathetic: I took swimming lessons but never really learned to swim and I’ve always lived by an ocean or a bay. But I could folk dance and hula until work and motherhood stopped me.
2. Anachronistic tendencies: I love classical music and opera, and for the last five years at least, I haven’t watched television. But I love movies—all kinds—though films by Lars Von Trier, Ang Lee, Francis Ford Coppola, Terence Malick, and Alejandro Inarritu fascinate me immensely.
3. Wistful and dreamy moments: Hopelessly in love with Paris. Wish I lived there.
4. Gourmandise: Sushi, crisp skin on roast pork, tandoori lamb, black rice pudding, macarons, steamed crabs, great bread.
5. Pig-headedness (Or determination): I deliberately failed physics at university so my parents (who paid all school fees) would allow me to shift from chemistry to psychology
6. Pride: I totally embrace my multiculturality.
Connect with Evy:
Facebook Page: Thoughtful Woman’s Love Stories
Facebook Group: Thoughtful Romance Readers Love Food